Up and Coming
General Contest Rules
- All material must be the original work of the performer
- Language and content restrictions are in place.
- Be TV clean. (not cable but broadcast)
- Profanity is not allowed.
- Overtly sexist or racist material is not allowed.
- Comics must clearly state which category they are competing in. (see next page)
- Sets can be no more than 10 minutes in length
- A light flash will appear at 8 minutes
- A second light will appear at 9 minutes
- At 10 minutes the mic will be cut off.
- Performers must commit to performing at least 2 sets at The Comedy Pit to be eligible for the contest.
- Comics retain the copyright to all material, though The Comedy Pit may use samples and images for promotional purposes.
- The organizers will provide basic staging, and sound. If a routine requires specific audio visual support it is the responsibility of the artist to provide those elements and any required operators. The organizers will make every effort to accommodate, but elements that create an undue burden on the show or other artists may be refused.
- Winners will be decided a third party not directly connected to The Comedy Pit, or the Saskatoon Comedy community.
- Video Recording is allowed
- Non-Flash photography is allowed.
- Comics wishing to be considered for the contest must submit their routines via one of the following methods via email@example.com
- Private / Public Youtube channel link.
- Link to a web sharing service capable of playing content.
- Link to a comedian’s personal website / blog / podcast
- Submissions must be received by Noon on January 31st, 2022